Terms & Conditions
We want everyone to have a great time, but please be aware that you are responsible for your own safety. We do not accept liability for any accidents, injury, illness, loss or damage to you, your horse, your vehicle, your companions, or your belongings whatsoever or however caused.
Please ensure you carefully read this disclaimer.
For our part, we have undertaken a thorough risk assessment and put in place measures to enable us to operate safely.
- Please BOOK online at Lockskinners.com Agree and sign this disclaimer (check box to accept online).
- This facility has adopted biosecurity measures in line with UK Government advice.
- All riders must wear an up to standard riding helmet when mounted.
- Up to standard body protectors must be worn on our XC courses and Arena Eventing.
- You must be familiar with the horse or pony you are riding and jump within your own and its ability.
- Do not bring a horse or pony you have never ridden before.
- Maximum numbers on the XC courses at one time is 20.
- Maximum number on the Combination Training Field is 3 per time slot.
- Numbers maximum of 4 in the arena and 1km track, per hour.
- Clinics can only be booked by instructors who must have their own insurance.
- Instructors take all responsibility for their clients.
- Dogs on leads.
- Do not climb on the jumps/obstacles.
- Do not leave horses tied to the side of lorries or trailers. Please tack up in your lorry/trailer.
Please ensure you arrive on time to make a prompt start on the course. If you are running late for whatever reason DO let us know and we can assess whether or not you can start late.
Please respect the above regulations and take them seriously. Non-compliance will force us to ask you to leave.
General Terms & Conditions / Disclaimer
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to Lockskinners.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- We reserve the right to close the cross-country courses and the grass arenas at short notice should ground conditions or weather dictate. A full refund will be given.
- You fully accept that you will ride the course and use the jumps at entirely your own risk and that your horse, and companions on foot, are your responsibility.
- All visitors agree to pay in advance via Lockskinners.com.
- Placing a booking implies acceptance of these terms and conditions of hire of facilities.
- You must have your own appropriate personal and public liability insurance and be suitably skilled to jump fixed fences.
- You must walk the course on foot initially to familiarise yourself with the current ground conditions and to make yourself aware of any ditches, drains, or other obstacles and will do this every time you visit, prior to using the course.
- When mounted, all riders are advised to wear a body protector and must wear a riding hat, correctly fastened and with no fixed peak, conforming to the current approved standard. Riders should have full control of their horse at all times and be appropriately skilled to ride safely across fixed cross-country jumps.
- Riders must be accompanied by at least one person carrying a mobile phone in case of emergency.
- All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Any areas on site that are roped off are out of bounds for your safety.
- If you find any debris on the course or lost property, please place in the hut by the entrance gate.
- Only flagged fences are to be jumped, with the red flag on the right, white flag on the left.
- If you damage a fence, or find a fence is damaged upon prior inspection, please use the flags to cross off the fence like so: and call or text 07495 683289 immediately, so we can organise the repairs.
- If you find a fence crossed off, please do not move the flags. The fence will be crossed off for your safety.
- No climbing on jumps at any time.
- Dogs on leads.
- Please be considerate of other horses and riders. Only one horse per fence at a time. If riding in groups or pairs, horses should follow one after the other, NOT two abreast.
- Only tackle fences that are within you and your horse’s capability.
- Lockskinners West, all riders must pass left to left when passing another horse. Horses walking must walk on the inside track.
- Riders must arrive and be mounted by booked time. Riders must leave the arena and all-weather track at end of allotted hour.
- All riders must stay on the track and only enter and exit from the arena.
- All litter from horses, humans and dogs must be taken home.
- Any droppings must be pick up and emptied into the bucket provided before exiting the arena.
- Please report any problems or damage to us immediately on 07495 683289 so that we can keep the course safe and up to its current high standard.
- Please Park sensibly and where signposted, particularly when wet.
- Please ensure that you park in the mown and marked spaces and that the area around your transport is clean and tidy. Please tidy and take away any droppings and hay.
- Lorry Park checks are carried out regularly throughout the day, so please don’t run the risk of being asked to leave due to non-payment.
- Cancellations due to unreasonable weather conditions (snow, ice, thick fog, excessive wind, or driving rain) on the day of the booking will receive a full refund.
By checking the “acceptance” box on this website at checkout, I agree to these terms and conditions.
I understand that by agreeing to these terms and conditions / Disclaimer they become the basis of a contract between myself and Lockskinners Cross Country Course and that it will remain in place at all times. I will inform Lockskinners Cross Country Course of any amendments to my personal details before entering the course. I confirm I am happy to accept the rules stated above and to abide by them at all times when on Lockskinners Cross Country Course. I acknowledge that my failure to comply will result in me being asked to leave.